Re: Can apt-get do an "apt-get update"? Broken installs

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> The problem is that there are actually devices that have *no* clock
> (yes, gasp!).  Running ntpdate is a must for them and I hope to add
> this as an option to clock setup as some point.

Yes, I also think that clock-setup should do that, as well as installing
ntpdate in /target, probably.. One question is whether or not to do it
by default.

A trick we could use is comparing the clock to the timestamps in Release
files that d-i has already downloaded. If it's earlier than them, then
the system clearly has issues, and ntpdate could be run by default.

--
see shy jo