Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 02:05, Mohammed Adnène Trojette wrote:
> I did not mean the size was not OK, I meant the font is not OK.

That would be totally weird. They are supposed to be the same font (if
only nazli is on that image). As they are not, that assumption is false,
so _please_ let's forget about those screenshots.

For comparison I have run Davide's mini_only_nazli.iso and this is what a
nazli only screen _should_ look like:
http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/screenshot_really_only_nazli_Arabic_14pt_20060206.png
http://people.debian.org/~fjp/d-i/screenshot_really_only_nazli_Persian_14pt_20060206.png

The proof (after switching to VT2):
# cd /usr/share/fonts/
# find
.
./fonts.cache-1
./freefont
./freefont/fonts.cache-1
./freefont/nazli.ttf

I have set the fontsize to 14 pt for these screenshots.
As you can see, there is no difference between normal and bold text (which
is logical as no bold font is provided).

Note that this is not properly RTL as it is based on current libs which
don't support that properly yet.

So, let's have comments on this instead of only confusing the issue.