Re: [g-i] fonts: a few thoughts

Denis Barbier wrote:
On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 02:50:32AM +0100, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
of course: special boot parameters should exist and should be easily inderstoodable too

Cool, I believed that we were in disagreement here.

no, i agree with you: we shouldn't just introduce too many boot parameters since we'll need to add many others to enable/disable DFB's HW acceleration etc..

<snip>
Here scrolbars are exactly like they were supposed to be in the theme file, but we can change it if we don't like the theme's default colors

Really?  That's strange, or maybe text was not supposed to be written
at the same place?

<snip>

uhm.. sorry i didn't understand: do you mean that the GTKTreeView doesn't automatically scroll to active row of the SELECT question?

Right, you can see it on the first screen.

on the last two points, i think you must have used GTKDFB 2.0.9 (that's much more buggy than 2.8.10) : please rebuild using
GTKDFB 2.8.10 [1] if that's the case.

<snip>
why don't we setup a contest to provide the g-i's default theme ?

Sure, but you first need to provide a working example, so that others
can customize it without learning how g-i works ;)

luckily, designers will have to simply know how a generic GTK theme works; for the example theme i suggest DebianRed (GPLed, part of Gnome).

ciao

Attilio

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstallerGUIBuild