Re: [g-i] fonts: a few thoughts

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 02:50:32AM +0100, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> Denis Barbier wrote:
> <snip>
> >Please understand that if you are in front of a screen you cannot read,
> >there is not much you can do.  The boot prompt is much more accessible,
> >and boot parameters can be documented there.
>
> of course: special boot parameters should exist and should be easily
> inderstoodable too

Cool, I believed that we were in disagreement here.

[...]
> > * Idem for scrollbars.  (Maybe the swirl color could be used here?)
>
> Here scrolbars are exactly like they were supposed to be in the theme
> file, but we can change it if we don't like the theme's default colors

Really?  That's strange, or maybe text was not supposed to be written
at the same place?

> > * With very large fonts, one has to scroll a lot with lists.  It would
> >   help if the selected item was viewable when choices are displayed
> >   first.
>
> uhm.. sorry i didn't understand: do you mean that the GTKTreeView
> doesn't automatically scroll to active row of the SELECT question?

Right, you can see it on the first screen.

> <snip>
> >>Is HighContrastLargePrintInverse GPL'ed?
> >
> >It is, according to /usr/share/doc/gnome-accessibility-themes/copyright
>
> so this could be a good candidate as default theme for visual impaired
> people?

Absolutely.

[...]
> why don't we setup a contest to provide the g-i's default theme ?

Sure, but you first need to provide a working example, so that others
can customize it without learning how g-i works ;)

Denis