Re: G-I - New challenge: dependency of pango on cairo

Frans Pop wrote:
On Thursday 29 December 2005 21:15, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

Just today Mike Emmel has integrated the DFB backend to Cairo into
Cairo's CVS and from the quick tests i did it seems to work well.
Cairo's DFB backend now requires DFB >= 0.9.24 and actualy we're using
DFB library v. 0.9.22: may this be time to switch the g-i to DFB 0.9.24?

I may be mistaken, but I think that can only happen after the maintainer of the directfb package [1] has updated that to 0.9.24.

Yesterday Mike Emmel said that since DFB 0.9.24 and 0.9.25 are still affected by many bugs (e.g. #339379, #342053, #341770 ), he won't lock up cairodfb to a specific DFB version for a while. He also said that maybe would make more sense for the g-i switching to DFB 0.9.25 or 0.9.26 later, after those bugs are corrected (Extremadura DFB bug squashing party would be a great opportunity to work on that). Building GTKDFB is now much simpler and i should be soon able to provide an updated experimental GTKDFB 2.8.3 miniiso.

ciao

Attilio