Re: G-I - New challenge: dependency of pango on cairo

Frans Pop wrote:
Hi Dave,

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 18:42, Dave Beckett wrote:

If you want to, I'd be happy to be co-maintainer for this for updating
it from the Cairo side of things.

The new package has been accepted and is on the mirrors since yesterday:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/libc/libcairo-directfb.html

As the package is temporary, I do not plan to commit it in SVN or something like that but just work on it from the source.

If there are changes in the libcairo package, we'd very much appreciate if you'd also take along libcairo-directfb or contact me.

Feel free to add yourself as uploader.

Just today Mike Emmel has integrated the DFB backend to Cairo into Cairo's CVS and from the quick tests i did it seems to work well. Cairo's DFB backend now requires DFB >= 0.9.24 and actualy we're using DFB library v. 0.9.22: may this be time to switch the g-i to DFB 0.9.24 ?

ciao

Attilio