Re: [g-i] fonts: a few thoughts

Hi,

> Of course, as we now have master PO files, we could automate all this
> from the master PO files. However, when it comes at combining
> languages, we need to keep more glyphs than just the single glyphs
> corresponding to characters in the text files.

mmm, I confess I'm still a bit confused; maybe some practical tests might
make things a bit clearer. I just played with Kenshi's script a little
bit, let's see if we can come up with some results...

1st of all: sarge version of fontforge won't work, so jump in you etch/sid
arena and try this:

fontforge -script stripttf /somewhere/freefont/FreeSans.ttf ./test.ttf 65
66 67 68

This will create a ttf file (test.ttf) which is a copy of FreeSans.ttf but
contains only glyphs nr 65,66,67,68

ciao,
Davide