Re: [g-i] fonts: a few thoughts

Quoting Frans Pop (aragorn@tiscali.nl):
> On Friday 02 December 2005 20:23, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Hmm, why not having a look at installer/build/needed_characters? It
> > contains files, one per language, with all characters needed to
> > display them.
>
> We'll still need to map what language will be covered by which font.
> Will this also work for fonts needing combining characters.

Not sure. I don't really know what translators listed here. Moreover,
for combining languages, the needed_characters list are useless so I
didn't insist with translators about them.

> > So, part of the information you're actually seeking for seems to be
> > here.
>
> Maybe it will be easier to first do a rough reduction based on ranges,
> mainly to see how this works out and extend this later to only include
> needed characters.

Agreed.

I suggest we keep this information in that directory anyway, unless a
better idea pops up. A subdirectory named "fonts" or something similar
seems appropriate.