Re: [g-i] fonts: a few thoughts

Christian Perrier wrote:
Quoting Frans Pop (aragorn@tiscali.nl):

On Friday 02 December 2005 20:23, Christian Perrier wrote:

Hmm, why not having a look at installer/build/needed_characters? It
contains files, one per language, with all characters needed to
display them.

We'll still need to map what language will be covered by which font.
Will this also work for fonts needing combining characters.

Not sure. I don't really know what translators listed here. Moreover,
for combining languages, the needed_characters list are useless so I
didn't insist with translators about them.

I am not sure, if I understand the problem exactly.
But IMHO it should be possible to extract the actually used characters of the .po strings into a file 'used_characters', which maybe is different to 'needed_characters' (which includes user entered strings?).

Helmut Wollmersdorfer