Re: GTK frontend updated, please test unofficial miniiso

On 10/27/05, Attilio Fiandrotti <fiandro@tiscalinet.it> wrote:
> Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> >
> > I was under the impression that this feature would not be implemented in 2.8
> >
> > OTOH, backporting the feature just for DI I think it does not make
> > sense (as attilio suggested), moreover we will switch to the new
> > gtkdfb as soon as possible (we all know the cairo issue).

> I know backport does not makes sense, but i think this is the fastest
> way to get everything working without having to package tons of libs

hmm, just throw the cat in somebody else's yard, huh :-D ?

> To experiment what switching to GTKDFB 2.8.3 would be i plan to create a
> tarball that installs those libs (new ones created with davide's script)
> inside the initrd overwriting old ones.

I tried this on ppc, combined with experimental packages, but it
failed. I am not sure if this was due to the fact that I screwed other
things (was at the time I started), some problem on ppc arch or just
because the libs didn't match each other.

Probably a new attempt on i386 would be welcome since on i386 the GTK
fe is known to work with 2.0.9...

--
Regards,
EddyP