Re: GTK frontend updated, please test unofficial miniiso

Eddy Petrişor wrote:
On 10/26/05, Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 15:55, Eddy Petrişor wrote:

-you can'tselect in lists by typing the first letter (as in newt
frontend) on GTKDFB (any version, on GTKX works) since this is an
unimplemented feature in GTKDFB (any version)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is a major setback related to what the newt frontend offers.

I disagree. As we know it will be fixed in the next gtk version, we can
live without it in the mean time.

I was under the impression that this feature would not be implemented in 2.8

OTOH, backporting the feature just for DI I think it does not make
sense (as attilio suggested), moreover we will switch to the new
gtkdfb as soon as possible (we all know the cairo issue).

i've asked mike emmel if he can update GTKDFB 2.0.9 to solve GtkTreeView related bugs. I know backport does not makes sense, but i think this is the fastest way to get everything working without having to package tons of libs etc.. (i remember making gtk.so work with already existing official udebs took a week or so). To experiment what switching to GTKDFB 2.8.3 would be i plan to create a tarball that installs those libs (new ones created with davide's script) inside the initrd overwriting old ones.
Something like this can be done with an x server too..

ciao

attilio