Re: Usability issues for the GTK graphical frontend, categorized and updated list

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 01:16:39PM +0300, Eddy Petrişor wrote:

> > > I meant graphical/powerpc issue.
> >
> > Well, let me ask again, what is exactly the problem you see ? Could it be
>
> the frame buffer, I assume, is initialised, a blueish background is
> shown for a split of a second then imediately deinitialised (back to
> text mode)

Ok, did you try giving an explicit mode ? Like video=radeonfb:800x600@60 or
something such ?

> > related to graphical modes and radeonfb ? There was some option benh proposed
> > on d-ppc, which sounds like your problem. Does it work in offb mode ? what
>
> I tried with offb but I got the same result. Where is this option
> proposed by Ben?

don't remember, look on the debian-powerpc list, HIGH_FREQUENCY or something
such, not sure. It was in the past month, i think.

> > about with an external monitor ?
>
> I don't have one and I can't test (afaik the output should be driven
> from the drivers differently from the regular display)
>
> BTW, isi there a way to install your experimental xorg packages
> without removing the stock one? Maybe a chroot and a X server
> initialised on another console? (Using a chroot would be the last
> thing to try for me...)

Nope, but they work without a glitch, if you run sid, just install them. They
are candidate for unstable anyway, and not some wildly experimental thingy, it
is just that 6.9 has not yet been released, and David Nusinow plans to move to
the modular tree (7.0) directly.

Friendly,

Sven Luther