Re: [D-I] [RANT] Some translations seem abandoned

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 09:19:55AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Well, a few weeks ago, I explicitely asked in -i18n for translators to
> at least ACK my call for updates:
>
> -but several completely ignored the request and just remained silent.
>

> This is for these that I'm really worried.

You should not worry about this. Translators should really know that
they should read debian-i18n, if they don't than probably because of
lack of time or other reasons. I would interpret silence as "Sorry, I'm
busy" without bothering you.

> What if this release had been a major release? The result would have
> been the same.....except that I couldn't have supported it and thus
> been forced to send individual notices.
>
> > > I pissed off all translators to SUBSCRIBE and READ debian-i18n to
> > > avoid me to send them mails individually for getting translation
> > > updates.
> >
> > That is a really strong statement (and I'm afraid it's not completely

A similar statement as your, Frans, one to Sven Luther related to poxml!

> > clear to me what you intended to say here either).
>
> See above. I'm now convinced that not all translators read -i18n (at

I think this too.

> the minimum the [D-I] messages) so I currently have NO reliable way to
> reach them all.

Why not? You collected in the past the list of translators, right?
Just define your own alias in ~/.muttrc (other mail client should
support a similar solution):

alias DWNProofread Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@ist.org>,Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>,...

Jens