Re: beta release update

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 07:12:36AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:

> CJK, Latin-2 (Romanian, Polish..), Turkish and Cyrillic (Russian being
> somewhat special) should be tested, at the minimum.

I did some Czech (both ISO-8859-2 and UTF-8) installs with 20051006
netinst iso on i386 -- all went fine, except X keyboard setting.

localization-config correctly set
   Option    "XkbLayout"     "us,cz_qwerty"

in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but forgot to add the second line
   Option    "XkbOptions"    "grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"

so the users can't switch to Czech layout as expected (time to tell
them about setxkbmap <g>).

Moreover in UTF-8 install when I tried to type some accented
(i.e. 2 byte) characters in the "Create new user" screen, the input
box was prolonged with each caracter and continued over the right end
of the window. (But the characters themselves displayed correctly.)

--
Miroslav Kure