Re: beta release update

On Fri, Oct 07, 2005 at 07:12:36AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> CJK, Latin-2 (Romanian, Polish..), Turkish and Cyrillic (Russian being
> somewhat special) should be tested, at the minimum.

I did some Czech (both ISO-8859-2 and UTF-8) installs with 20051006
netinst iso on i386 -- all went fine, except X keyboard setting.

localization-config correctly set
   Option    "XkbLayout"     "us,cz_qwerty"

in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but forgot to add the second line
   Option    "XkbOptions"    "grp:shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
so the users can't switch to Czech layout as expected (time to tell
them about setxkbmap <g>).

Moreover in UTF-8 install when I tried to type some accented
(i.e. 2 byte) characters in the "Create new user" screen, the input
box was prolonged with each caracter and continued over the right end
of the window. (But the characters themselves displayed correctly.)

Miroslav Kure