Re: SATA install - AMD64 - success story

On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 10:20:43AM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> Oh now you tell me.  Off to rebuild again.  It is enabled in the kernel,
> bit I didn't add it to the list of modules to include...  I just did
> now.
>
> That's part of the mess I am going through trying to update the install
> cd iamge.
>
> I should have the cd image ready in probably about 30 minutes.

New image is now online.

http://www.tinyplanet.ca/~lsorense/amd64/

Someone let me know if it works.  What I would like to know is:

Does it work at all (I tested it up to partitioning disks on SATA WDs on
VIA controller).

Does it support AHCI.

Does it support I2O (not dpt of course, since it doesn't use I2O
drivers).

Does it work with Marvell Yukon PCIe chips?  I know the onboard PCI chip
I have works, but many reports have shown 2.6.8 does not work with PCIe
versions of the chip.  Perhaps 2.6.12 fixes that too.

If any drivers are missing that you think should be included, let me
know and I will see if I can put those in too.

Len Sorensen