Re: Missing fat32 mount point from /etc/fstab

On 17/04/05 22:59, Frans Pop wrote:
On Sunday 17 April 2005 23:46, J. Grant wrote:
Could the defaults be set and displayed?  Leaving the user to remove
vfat and ntfs mounts if they did not want them?  I think more people
will appreciate the mount point than not, in my view.

No sorry, don't think so. Debian is a general purpose distribution which means we like to leave choices like that to the user. If you want stuff like that, I guess you should choose a more desktop oriented distribution.
(At least that is my opinion.)

I know that I would _not_ want Debian to do that.

I did not choose expert install approach btw, do you consider that even
though sarge defaults to DHCP mode and various other user-friendly (or
desktop oriented) this should be left out of the non-expert install
process detail?

Kind regards
JG
--