Re: Q: Debian Installer Preseed File Changes?

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 16:04, Michael S. Peek wrote:
> Last week I burned a modified copy of the sarge-i386-businesscard.iso.
> The only modification was the addition of a /preseed.cfg file placed
> within the ramdisk images.  It worked like a charm.
>
> This week I try the same thing and it doesn't work -- the installer
> completely ignores the /preseed.cfg file.  Has something changed with
> the installer to make it look for the preseed file somewhere else or
> under some other name?

Because we are preparing the release of RC3, the current daily images use
udebs from Sarge, not Sid. The code to use initrd preseeding is not (and
will not be) in Sarge and thus your file is ignored.
To use initrd preseeding you should use sid_d-i images, available from:
http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sid_d-i/

Cheers,
FJP