Re: sarge netinst can fill up /v/cache/apt

Jeff Green <jbgreen@frontiernet.net> writes:

> Possibly, but I've not had enough time to properly investigate
> it. Indeed I had rebooted into the base install produce the aberrant
> situation. (However, I had to use the 2.6.10 pmac kernel from
> ppckernel.org to get it that far.) My setup is a 512MB partition for
> '/' which has var on it and a 5GB one for '/usr' and then others,
> i.e. not a partition for '/var'. Maybe this weekend, I can try it on a
> spare pair of partitions to test various situations out, though I'd
> prefer not to do an hour or so of downloading to find out the
> results. Ideas appreciated.

How much does it say it is going to download and what does df -h show
as free on another console.

An idea to make testing this feasable would be to setup a proxy,
e.g. squid. And allow caching of larger files (default depends on free
cache size and max 4MB iirc).

MfG
        Goswin