Re: d-i pre-rc2 has support for russian installation broken

Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> After some firter analysis, I've founfd that this guess is also wrong.
> "File not found" message is really there in logs, but it is not because
> package is really missing, but because
> of /usr/lib/prebaseconfig.d/10bind-mount script, that removes bind
> mount /cdrom -> /tareget/cdrom too early, making apt-install not
> functional in prebaseconfig scripts. At least 65languagechooser and
> 70kbd-chooser prebaseconfig scripts do use apt-install. So I guess the
> problem affects not only russian + netinst, but many non-nglist languages
> and any cdrom installation.

I think I've fixed this problem with the latest languagechooser upload.
Other packages that use apt-install too late have had bugs filed. I've
tested and it seems that we get cyrillic in second stage now. If there
are other problems that need changes to languagechooser to be fixed,
they will probably have to go in the errata for the release.

--
see shy jo