Re: d-i pre-rc2 has support for russian installation broken

> So, my proposal is the following:
>
> -commit the changes you think are needed to languagechooser un trunk
> -of some are needed to base-cofnig, commit them to its trunk (NOT to
> the sarge branch)
>
> TEST all that damn thing. Possibly before THIS EVENING 10/8 18:00 UTC

I've checked the situation in deep.

Nikolai's guess was WRONG.

In fact, languagechooser currently is set up do use console-cyrillic, AND
base-config expects console-cyrillic.
However, netinst image does not have console-terminus package, on which
console-cyrillic depends, so console-cyrillic fails to install on 1st
stage

So:

- NOTHING should be commited for sarge on this issue either in
languagechooser or base-config

- Problem is not that bad, because it affects only netinst image.

- I hope netinst image can be rebuild at this stage of freeze?

- It is probably bad that non-x86 is broken (see Eugeniy Meshcheryakov's
mails), but it is definitly less harm (for debian reputation in Russia at
least) to have it broken on x86.

Nikita