Re: d-i pre-rc2 has support for russian installation broken

Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> After some firter analysis, I've founfd that this guess is also wrong.
> "File not found" message is really there in logs, but it is not because
> package is really missing, but because
> of /usr/lib/prebaseconfig.d/10bind-mount script, that removes bind
> mount /cdrom -> /tareget/cdrom too early, making apt-install not
> functional in prebaseconfig scripts. At least 65languagechooser and
> 70kbd-chooser prebaseconfig scripts do use apt-install. So I guess the
> problem affects not only russian + netinst, but many non-nglist languages
> and any cdrom installation.

The bind mount has to be removed before step 15, which is when the CD is
ejected. I didn't know that languagechooser and kbdchooser were
installing things after that. But see bug #270563. The prebaseconfig
scripts are not really the right place to apt-install stuff at all.

Guys, we really don't have a lot of time to fix this kind of problem.
This is pushing the initrd builds back further and further from the
timeline..

--
see shy jo