Re: d-i pre-rc2 has support for russian installation broken

> > So, my proposal is the following:
> >
> > -commit the changes you think are needed to languagechooser un trunk
> > -of some are needed to base-cofnig, commit them to its trunk (NOT to
> > the sarge branch)
> >
> > TEST all that damn thing. Possibly before THIS EVENING 10/8 18:00 UTC
>
> I've checked the situation in deep.
>
> Nikolai's guess was WRONG.
>
> In fact, languagechooser currently is set up do use console-cyrillic,
> AND base-config expects console-cyrillic.
> However, netinst image does not have console-terminus package, on which
> console-cyrillic depends, so console-cyrillic fails to install on 1st
> stage

After some firter analysis, I've founfd that this guess is also wrong.
"File not found" message is really there in logs, but it is not because
package is really missing, but because
of /usr/lib/prebaseconfig.d/10bind-mount script, that removes bind
mount /cdrom -> /tareget/cdrom too early, making apt-install not
functional in prebaseconfig scripts. At least 65languagechooser and
70kbd-chooser prebaseconfig scripts do use apt-install. So I guess the
problem affects not only russian + netinst, but many non-nglist languages
and any cdrom installation.