partman-auto recipes (RAID and LVM2, leaving /home intact) ?

Does anyone have any partman-auto recipes developed that I can have a
look at?

Is it possible for it to automate setup of RAID and LVM2?

Is it possible to automate not formatting a /home partition, leaving it
intact and mounting it on the /target/home?

The project I'm trying to do is a restore / rescue disc that can restore
from a 'dar' archive on CD or DVD.  It should be capable of
leaving /home and /opt alone, since the dar image may be nothing more
than a VAR distro image.

In the case where there is only one large / partition, I would like to
have the capability of noticing that, and moving aside all
but /target/home and /target/opt, say to /target/oldsys prior to calling
on a (to be written rsn) 'base-dar-installer'.  How should I manage
that, in the context of d-i?  Is that something that an extension of
'partman' should do, or what?  I need help.

--
    Karl Hegbloom
(o_  mailto:hegbloom@pdx.edu