Re: Modifying d-i to replicate hosts (revisited)

Karl Hegbloom wrote:
> I'd like the same disc to double as a standard d-i netinst, and I'm
> wondering if there's a way to offer a choice between running 'base-
> installer' or my 'base-dar-installer'?  That could be done either with a
> boot command line option or by prompting.
>
> If I have it provide the same things that base-installer does and give
> it the same menu priority, will the menu be displayed?

No, main-menu does not currently give a choice in this situation, it
always picks the first one.

> Perhaps what I ought to do is give it a menu sort priority slightly
> lower than base-installer, then if it's to be used as a d-i netinst,
> just boot it in expert mode.  Will that do what I expect, which is that
> at each stage I get the full menu, with no automatic progression?

Yes, that's right.

You can do interesting things with isinstallable files, to, for example,
make your new menu item disappaear from the menu. Take a look at the
isinstallable file of grub-installer, which does this if the root
filesystem is on XFS, to let lilo-installer be autorun instead, for
example.

--
see shy jo