Re: partman-auto recipes (RAID and LVM2, leaving /home intact) ?

Karl Hegbloom wrote:
> Does anyone have any partman-auto recipes developed that I can have a
> look at?

I have a few trivial and unintersting ones for things like a small /boot
partition.

> Is it possible for it to automate setup of RAID and LVM2?

It's not possible yet since partman-auto does not run the lvmcfg and
mdcfg setup programs. I suspect that the recipe file format is
sufficient, but it will take some more work to make those programs
automatable and get it to work.

> Is it possible to automate not formatting a /home partition, leaving it
> intact and mounting it on the /target/home?

Yes of course. I suggest you read
installer/doc/devel/partman-auto-recipe.txt. Note the format{ }
specifier.

> In the case where there is only one large / partition, I would like to
> have the capability of noticing that, and moving aside all
> but /target/home and /target/opt, say to /target/oldsys prior to calling
> on a (to be written rsn) 'base-dar-installer'.  How should I manage
> that, in the context of d-i?  Is that something that an extension of
> 'partman' should do, or what?  I need help.

I think you would need some kind of additional udeb to do what you need,
either before partman runs or as part of partman.

--
see shy jo