Re: Hacking on d-i

Colin Watson wrote:

On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 09:01:36PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
Andrew Pollock wrote:
What you need to do is checkout a copy of the d-i subversion repository.

See http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/svn
Well I don't have subversion, but I saw this link:

You can get hold of Subversion packages for woody here:

 http://people.debian.org/~adconrad/

I have a machine on ADSL I can hack on, but it runs woody and must stay on woody.

Use an unstable chroot, if you can.

It's a bit short of disk, and it hangs when I try to use the 120 Gbyte WD drive I put in it:-((

The most serious problem I want to circumvent is the default internet site it installs from. I _can_ get round that one with a transparent proxy firewall rule and configuring Apache as a proxy: I did that once before (for RHL) and it worked a treat.

I was hoping d-i waa a bit easier to configure than it seems.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait