Re: Hacking on d-i

Have you been to http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer ?

> There, I find "This project has no visible documents ."
> No subprojects have been set up, or you cannot view them.

What you need to do is checkout a copy of the d-i subversion repository.

See http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/svn

There's a lot of documentation, some of it quite enlightening within a
directory of the source tree.

> The question: where is the information I need to change the mirror to be
> chosen,  specify any initial defaults I need?
>
> btw My browser doesn't like the certificate from this site, its issuer
> is unknown.

Yep, that's normal. :-|

Andrew