Re: beta4 status

If someone will give me a specific task, I'm happy to do VMware installation
tests.
I presume I just ship back the results of some log file at the end?

I'm a quick learner and it will be worth the time saving to explain what
needs doing.

I'm afraid I've hitched my star to debian since redhat changed itself, its
been a hard slog, but I think I can see that it will be worthwhile.

Sam

"Christian Perrier" <bubulle@debian.org> wrote in message
[🔎] 20040427071645.GI19688@mykerinos">news:[🔎] 20040427071645.GI19688@mykerinos...
Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):

> - i386 full desktop install from full CD

You mean something more or less similar to what I already did two
weeks ago (with beta3)?

What do you prefer I focus on?
-strange hardware (not easy : I do the tests with what I have under my
hands...:-)
-strange setup choices vs. Bob User install (all defaults at high
priority)

By full desktop, I guess you mean choosing all desktop-related tasks
in tasksel, right?

Of course, I'll do this in french, but some other tests with non Latin
languages should be a Good Thing:
 -Kenshi, can you do something for testing a base install in Japanese
 -Nikolai, same for Russian
 -Konstantinos, same for Greek
 -Carlos, same for Chinese
 -and so on....

Of course, feel free to test a full desktop install if you have time
and hardware for that (or VmWare...)