Re: Location list proposal [was: why must Debian call Taiwan a "Province of China"?]

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> There alredy, the Chinese language needed a special treatment because
> of the way the two written forms are coded : zh-CN and zh_TW.....which
> uses a country information for indicating the differences between the
> two written form of the language.
>
> So, I think that languagechooser will stay with this quite long list
> and some "multi-country" languages like English, Spanish, French,
> German having a special treatment, adding up to 4 entries to the list
> (there shouldn't be more than 4 entries-->3 "major" countries and an
> "other" entry).
>
> This is not ideal, but this may allow us solving the TW issue at least
> partially.
>
> I wait for the input of taiwanese people about this proposal.

Sorry, could I clarify what you mean? I'm afraid that I miss your
point.  Do you mean that after a user choose language, some countries
would be displayed according to the chosen language? And if one choose
Traditional Chinese, Taiwan and Hong Kong will be displayed, while
users choose Simplified Chinese won't see Taiwan as an option. Is that
right?

--
Jiun-jie Huang, aka Albert    E-mail: jjhuang AT cm.nctu.edu.tw
黃俊傑