Re: Location list proposal [was: why must Debian call Taiwan a "Province of China"?]

On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 01:42:17PM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Dave Jones (djones@linux.net):
> > Hong Kong uses zh_HK and so forth.

> And, yes, HK users can choose Traditional Chinese at first d-i screen
> and then Hong-Kong at the second screen they will be presented with.

> Tetralet (please, some day, mention your real name if possible), one
> idea comes to my mind, as a compromise when writing this answer:

> What about adding a line in language chooser saying:

> Choose this to proceed in Traditional Chinese (Taiwan)

> That one would immediately set zh_TW....and the problematic screen
> will never be shown.

Please, we should be moving away from including countries at all on the
language chooser screen.  I think the current mix of languages and
languages+countries on the first screen is very distracting already, and
wastes space in the menu.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer