powerpc-pmac-small daily built boot.img broken (Re: base-installer_0.066_powerpc.changes ACCEPTED

Package: debian-installer

or is it boot-floppies ?

Hi,

> > yeah, that's theoretics. but I tried 8 floppies (all new), writings them
> > once and reading (=booting) at least twice, none work. but after that,
> > when I used the old working boot floppy from jeremie, three of them
> > worked as root-floppies!
> Can you use compare to compare the written floppy to the image used ?

just to be sure, I did this:
dd if=boot.img of=/dev/fd0 bs=1024 conv=sync ; sync
dd if=/dev/fd0 of=bootfd0.img bs=1024 conv=sync ; sync
diff -a boot.img bootfd0.img

And that floppy doesn't boot,too. So your boot.img is broken. So I'll file a
bug.

Another thing I found out: whith your (broken) boot-floppy the floppy disc
gets ejected. If the boot floppy boots ok, there is the prompt saying I
should insert the root disk, but I have to eject the boot disk by myself.

> > > Maybe you could try loop mounting both root floppies, and compare them.
> Well, if the problem is with the root.img, knowing what the difference
> between the working image and the bad one is, would be a good idea.

Since _this_ problem is fixed now, I don't have to do that anymore.

> > there are at least five days in between the creation of the images, I
> > expect a lot to have changed.
> Yeah, and packages used which are not in the debian-installer svn, and a
> different box used, and ...

Uups? What packages not in d-i svn to you use ?

regards,
	Holger