Re: Improved laptop support in d-i?

Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> By default, d-i will detect the precense of PCMCIA/PCCARD support and
> install the pcmcia-cs package.  Almost all machines with PCMCIA
> support are laptops, and we should consider installing a few more
> extra packacages for these machines.

This seems to be tresspassing into tasksel's territory. Note that
tasksel already has a reasonably complete laptop task.

What I'd like to see is a way to set tasks that should be selected by
default in tasksel. This would also let us also mark the language task
matching the installation language for installation.

(FWIW, of 4 computers I have with pcmcia, only 2 are laptops.)

--
see shy jo