Re: RFC: discover 1 -> 2 transition plan for Debian

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 08:05, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > IIRC Branden agreed to an NMU by the debian-boot Team of discover2
> > if Progeny does not upload it. Ian Murduck then replied that he will
> > upload soon, but this has not happend since then. According to him
> > the maintainer of discover2 should be set to
> > discover-workers@lists.progeny.com.
>
> I guess Ian is waiting for the discover 1 rename, as it isn't useful
> to upload discover 2 before discover 1 is out of the way. :)

That's correct. We can upload Discover 2 whenever you are ready to do
the transition. I actually don't have an up to date key in the
keyring, so Jeff Licquia will be uploading Discover 2 for us for now.

> Looking at the subversion repository, I suspect there are some patches
> missing compared to the packages in the debian archive.  Do you known
> if this is true?

I'm pretty sure I merged all patches. The only change I remember making
was putting the PCMCIA headers back in sysdeps/linux/pcmcia rather than
in the top-level directory, where Gaudenz put them. If I
missed anything, it was probably an oversight, so please drop me a line.

P.S. - Discover 2.0.4 and an overhaul of discover-data are coming soon.
FYI.

--
Ian Murdock
317-578-8882 (office)