Re: [l10n] Debian Installer translation status

Quoting Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña (jfs@computer.org):

> No, PLEASE don't force translators to read yet another list. It wouldn't be
> so difficult to CC: debian-l10n-* in the l10n messages or, even, CC:
> debian-i18n? Since the d-i work is being done by many translation teams the
> later might even be more reasonable.

Well, I wasn't particularly glad to ask translators follo -boot and,
anyway, I can't force anyone to do anything...:-). Translation worked
very well until them with a very informal structure so let's keep it
informal, for sure.

My preferences goes to a dedicated mailing list dor d-i l10n.

I also thought about the other part of your suggestion (using
-i18n). However I imagined that this could botther people using and
reading -i18n for other purposes.

The third choice is using a dedicated d-i-l10n mailing list. Your
proposal for an alioth ML is interesting, indeed. However, when
pinging translators individually, I felt some of them relectant to
following another ML.

Mostly, people wo don't want another ML are people who also
participate in d-i "coding". Specialized translators are in favour of
a dedicated ML. I, for myself, am a bit balanced....:-)

BTW, Javi : will you go to debconf4?