Re: goals for next release

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 09:05:19PM -0200, Andre Luis Lopes wrote:
> Also, maybe not a goal for beta3, but RAID support would be wonderful. I
> mean, not only the kernels modules (it's already in place), but giving
> the mdcfg (which was mentioned here some days ago) a try and improving
> it to make it usable. LVM and RAID support in d-i are two highly desired
> features.

LVM support is there, and is quite good (except for fscking #229328), it
just required you to run at a medium priority or lower. Can't speak for the
RAID support, but I'm quite ecstatic that you can use d-i to install a box
using LVM. It used to be such a pain. Now if only FAI would do LVM I'd be
over the moon...

Andrew