Re: New Discover Upload Possible?

Am Die, den 20.01.2004 schrieb Steinar H. Gunderson um 02:30:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 08:18:15PM -0500, David Nusinow wrote:

> Detecting hardware: ns83820 cmpci emu10k1 usb-uhci usb-uhci usb-uhci usb-uhci
>
> I'd guess this was the reason for the "sort -u" in the first place -- please
> consider replacing it by at least an "uniq", or find some other good
> workaround (uniq without demanding sorted input should be solvable in a few
> lines of shell, by keeping a list and doing grepping against it for each new
> entry). It's not crippling for d-i, though.
The problem is, the modules have to be loaded in the same order as in
d-i. To load a module twice is a bug in this case. I think it is better
to detect this by looking in /proc/modules and this worked, when I
tested the "sort -u" replacement on 2.4. If it no longer works or does
not work on 2.6 we have to fix that.
Will look into this soon.

Gaudenz