Re: New Discover Upload Possible?

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 08:18:15PM -0500, David Nusinow wrote:
> I'd also like to send out a second request to any brave souls out there
> who'd be willing to test out the new discover deb with their 2.6 system.
> I've only heard of successes overall (although it takes a long time on my
> system, appearing to hang when it's just working) and I'd like to get some
> more positive feedback.

Works fine for me, except that it seems to load ide-scsi, which is deprecated
under 2.6. In addition, it tries to load OSS drivers (OSS is deprecated under
2.6) and usb-uhci (which is called uhci-hcd is 2.6 -- this one could be
particularily nasty if we need USB keyboards etc.). Last, it for some reason
decided to detect my USB hub at least four times:

Detecting hardware: ns83820 cmpci emu10k1 usb-uhci usb-uhci usb-uhci usb-uhci

I'd guess this was the reason for the "sort -u" in the first place -- please
consider replacing it by at least an "uniq", or find some other good
workaround (uniq without demanding sorted input should be solvable in a few
lines of shell, by keeping a list and doing grepping against it for each new
entry). It's not crippling for d-i, though.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/