Re: Installation in russian

At 6 Jan 04 08:59:04 GMT,
Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> > 1. Does console-cyrillic run simply '/usr/bin/cyr'?
>
> It is possible to create a "cyr" command line that will setup console.

I tried what's happen apt-install console-cyrillic at 1st stage.
There is no error, and default /etc/console-cyrillic is:
# Debconf: YES
# Bootsetup: NO
style ter-uni-framebuf
size 16
encoding utf-8
layout by
options caps_toggle
ttys /dev/tty[1-6]

On 2nd stage, console-cyrillic don't start up because "Bootsetup: NO".
I simply ran "cyr", and checked some debconf messages. It looks
Russian (but I'm not similar with Russian...)

> > 2. console-cyrillic has many debconf questions. I'm afraid
> >    debian-installer can handle this.
>
> Can't debian-installer preload values into debconf database?
> It is possible to provide reasonable defaults for all those questions.

Hmm, isn't default setting almost fit for Russian?
If this setting always needs customize, 1st stage or base-config have
to do something.

> > 3. On 2nd stage, base-config runs
> >    COMMAND OPTION /bin/true && COMMAND OPTION base-config
> >    This means cyrillic console must have ability to run another
> >    program (like /bin/true). And I need what's OPTION.
>
> console-cyrillic is not a "terminal program" like jfbterm. It is a
> configuration tool for standard Linux console, that sets the standard
> console for cyrillic. Normally this is done on system startup, by running
> /etc/init.d/console-cyrillic start

Oh sorry, I see.

Thanks,
--