Re: Installation in russian

Hi,

At 5 Jan 04 13:34:52 GMT,
Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:
> However, not everything is perfect yet.
> At the very beginning, I selected Russian language.
> So after rebuut and starting base-config, it tried to display messages in
> Russian. However, it didn't configure console to display cyrillic, so
> russian text was unreadable.

I'm care about this situation. Japanese, Chinese and Korean have same
problem.

> The easy way to configure cyrillic console in Debian is the console-cyrillic
> package. So it seems to be a good solution to install it before base-config
> runs, and to use it to configure cyrillic console before running
> base-config if installation language requires that. Is that possible?

I think installed packages at 1st stage should be smallest.
I'm planning to use jfbterm for 2nd stage. This console is little
slow, but support multilingualization (of course include Russian).

Could you test jfbterm whether fits Russian or not?
1. apt-get install jfbterm unifont
2. Enable your kernel Framebuffer driver
3. Run "jfbterm -c other,KOI8-R,iconv,UTF-8" (Does KOI8-R match for Russian?)
4. Check some debconf packages, apt-get messages, and so on.

I'll commit patch when Joey updates CVS. You'll success to install if
newer base-config come in debian-installer beta2.

Thanks,
--
Kenshi Muto
kmuto@debian.org