Re: [WOODY] Need sugestion for Floppy-Install

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 05:04:35PM +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> I am working on a very difficult Job in near east ans need the
> Floppy-Installation.

Customer lives in a little cave without internet, cd-roms, usb, firewire,
free ide/scsi connectors or ethernet?

> The Version of SLINK was supporting the X-Medium Flag and if I have
> registerd all Floppys apt-get was asking about the numbered Floppy.

Probably installing packages from floppies is deprecated since a little

> OK, I can register all Floppys, but when I install somthing, it tell
> me to put the Floppy in... I habe 140 Floppys - Where ist the *.deb ?

140? and they are all working???

If it's absolutly the only way to install with floppies, then i would
make the install on a computer that can access some real medium and then
tar.bz2 everything to a stack of floppies.

btw. ZIP drives are really cool, they are 100 MB in size and do about
100 kb/s when connected to parallel port... ok, this was nice in 1995

Christian Leber

  "Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
   nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."       (Aurelius Augustinus)
  Translation: <http://gnuhh.org/work/fsf-europe/augustinus.html>