Re: [Fwd: Re: Status for reiser support in d-i]

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 12:04:06PM +0400, Yury Umanets wrote:

> > > This is disputable question actually :) Some people like prated much
> > > more then cfdisk.
> >
> > Well, sure, but as it will be used for the end user, a cfdisk like
> > thingy would be better suited.
> okay, probably cfdisk's interface is liked more by end users. But this
> mean, that somebody should improve parted interface (ncurses, etc) :)

I think there is something really wrong with parted. It should contain
only the interface stuff, and let the real code sit in libparted, but
this is not the case. There is some code in parted, which if doing
another interface, will need to be rewritten or separated.

As such, i think the real code in parted should be moved either in
libparted or another library, and different people should write spearate
interfaces for it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther