Re: [Fwd: Re: Status for reiser support in d-i]

It is good, that Andrew Clause did not hear what you said :)

>  It should contain
> only the interface stuff, and let the real code sit in libparted,
actually it is exactly what you said.

Parted itself contains commands handling, readline callbacks, list
implementation, etc.
>  but
> this is not the case. There is some code in parted, which if doing
> another interface, will need to be rewritten or separated.

parted is a front end first of all which uses libparted. Anybody is able
to implement another front end based on libparted.

But when I said, about improving parted interface, I meant, that
somebody should write a patch exactly to making parted to use ncurses or
something like this. I've not meant to write another front end. Actually
there is one called qtparted.

> As such, i think the real code in parted should be moved either in
> libparted or another library, and different people should write spearate
> interfaces for it.
>
> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

Regards.