Re: [Fwd: Re: Status for reiser support in d-i]

Hello all,

What I can say. Reiserfs support in parted is good enough for any linux
installer IMHO.

It is able to do the following:
(1) reiserfs create.
(2) reiserfs destroy :)
(3) reiserfs resize
(4) reiserfs copy
(5) reiserfs move

Actually it is based on progsreiserfs (libreiserfs) and it is able to do
much more the operations listed above (journal tuning, relocating, etc),
but parted does not have interface for this yet. It considers supported
filesystems as non-journaling ones.

I guess debian folks probably do not want to use libparted (and reiserfs
with it) because it is needed to rewrite some parts of installer. Or
reiserfs is not good enough for debian installer.

debian people!

If somebody knows something that makes reiserfs support in parted not
good enough for debian installer, say it to me. I'm author of reiserfs
support in parted and progsreiserfs and will try to fix it as soon as
possible.

Regards.