Re: [d-i] debconf, partitioning widget?

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 12:22:34PM +0200, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> Anthony Towns wrote on Tue Jul 23, 2002 um 08:33:55PM:
> > We won't be freezing until we have a satisfactory and functioning
> > installer.
> Nice. I have seen how motivation disappears when you are waiting longer
> than 8 months for the next _freeze_.

That's nice. You realise our actual freeze this time round lasted less
than three months, and most of that was due to the security problem
which we should've known about earlier, and which we won't have to
implement again, right?

> Only the time will prove. But I
> think that this is exactly this attitude that caused the fucking long
> release period of Woody. And you are continuing working the same way.

One of the nice things about Debian is that you can do just about
whatever you damn well please no matter what anyone says. If you can
convince people that there's a better way of getting sarge out the door
than my way, and if you're right, then that's what'll happen. But you
don't convince people by speculation.

In short, stop ranting at everyone working on d-i, and prove to them
that b-f really can do the job better, by *making* it do the job better.

Cheers,
aj