Re: [d-i] debconf, partitioning widget?

* Eduard Bloch

| LVM can be added. EVMS has AFAIK still some stability issues and does
| not have any pvmove equivalent feature.

and you are saying LVM does not have stability issues?  Where were you
wrt LVM about beginning of May?

| > frontends to it -- both text-only and GUI ones.
|
| GUI gives only some cosmetical value, pointed out several times.

no, it doesn't.  The current interface scares off users.

| > I don't think you can reasonably do that within todays boot-floppies.
|
| GUI? No. But is this the only thing that D-I is good for?

As I wrote: for a start.  Add autodetection of hardware,
autopartition, unattended installs, tighter integration with debconf.

Also, how are you going to add support for *BSD in b-f?

| > | It does what it has been designed for.
| >
| > it hasn't been designed.
|
| It does what it has been written for.

yes, but today's requirements are different.

| > | But more RAM.
| >
| > not necessarily.
|
| But mostly.

parse error.