Re: [d-i] debconf, partitioning widget?

#include <hallo.h>
Anthony Towns wrote on Tue Jul 23, 2002 um 08:33:55PM:

> You can propose whatever you like, but the above is sadly deluded. From
> experience, getting b-f's updated and ported to the existing architectures
> takes between 8 and 12 months.
>
> We won't be freezing until we have a satisfactory and functioning
> installer.

Nice. I have seen how motivation disappears when you are waiting longer
than 8 months for the next _freeze_. I expect that the whole thing will
slow down and we really won't get a stable installer until one year is
passed.

> You're welcome to try to prove that this isn't the case, but everyone
> else has seen the way b-f's work a few times now, so don't expect anyone
> to believe your claims until you /have/ proved them.

This is not a proof, but a speculation. Only the time will prove. But I
think that this is exactly this attitude that caused the fucking long
release period of Woody. And you are continuing working the same way.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
#!/usr/bin/perl -w -- sequences
$0=++$|;for(;;){print-length$0;$0=~s/(.)\1*/$1.length$&/ge;}print"\n";