Re: adam di carlo is back

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 12:35:37AM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:

> There were some changes now. As said, I did not consider m68k ;)
> problems as hot problems since there are no "pending" bug reports, even
> no scarying bug reports at all. At least not here.

The bug is indeed a bug in MAKEDEV. I think I reassigned it to MAKEDEV (I
don't think it was fixed yet) and I added a workaround to the boot-floppies.
A simple rebuild with either a fixed MAKEDEV or current bf will solve the
problem. I do not have access to my PC, so I can not tell you more details.
A bf version with this problem fixed is on my people.d.o pages, users either
replace their root.bin by the new version or fix it manually. No big deal if
they know where to look. But I still hate to release a new version with a
known problem which has been fixed months ago... thats why I said I knew you
were ignoring us, if something like this happened on i386, there would be
new CDs immediately.

> They are, believe me. If I do not get it in this and in the next term, I
> am completely fscked up.

So go for it. I bet we all prefer to have a developer with a degree, than to
have an ex-developer with no degree. Although it will not make a big
difference in the amount of time, you will be able to spend on the project.

Christian