Re: adam di carlo is back

#include <hallo.h>
* Christian T. Steigies [Mon, Dec 09 2002, 11:00:19PM]:

> >  - get updated kernel packages for architectures that need it. I expect
> >    2.4.20-bf2.4/i386 soon, with fixed Ext3, of course
> >
> >  - tag and start building of bf-3.0.24 short after 3.0r1. Joey is going
> >    to release 3.0r1 very soon.
> >
> > I think, the problems with s390 and m86k are kinda nasty, but can wait
>
> <flamebait>its m68k, but I knew you were ignoring us</flamebait>

*g*. How did you know?

> > till the begin of 2003. Boot-Floppies should have some testing before.
> > There are IMHO too many changes commited (or outstanding) for making a
> > rash release just to get it into r1.
>
> rash release? I've asked the first time when, in September? I haven't seen
> the sun for a month, but I thinks its December by now. The 3.0.24 build on
> my klecker page works just fine, because when I built it, there weren't many
> changes, except for people trying to break documentation, and the m68k fix.

Yes, we have December, close to r1 release and that is the problem.

> If it were possible, we could use just this, but then arches would be out of
> sync. I guess by breaking some rules, I could still get the fix for m68k in,
> but I guess its not worth it, imagine how many people had to update their
> another-evil-debian-problem-and-here-comes-my-clever-fix webpage, plus I
> have no access to my box at the moment... and you're right, it might be too
> late now, although I did not check the changelog if there actually were any
> changes in bf?

There were some changes now. As said, I did not consider m68k ;)
problems as hot problems since there are no "pending" bug reports, even
no scarying bug reports at all. At least not here.

> > Oh, and I won't work on BFs till the end of the week (exams), so if
> > someone wants to make a new release ASAP, begin contacting the b-f
> > building people, tell Joey to wait another 2 weeks, etc. etc. we _could_
> > use 2.4.19-bf2.4 for i386, but should we?
>
> In case anybody should be waiting for new kernels on m68k, don't...
>
> <no sarcasm>Good luck with your exams, they are of course more important!

They are, believe me. If I do not get it in this and in the next term, I
am completely fscked up.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Zum 1.000.001. Mal: Jedes Programm, das kompliziertere Funktionen
bietet als Space Invaders verlangt eine 'zeitraubende intensive