Re: cvs commit to debian-installer/tools/disk-detect/debian by pere

Martin Sjögren wrote:
> That can't explicitly use floppy-retriever since you might want to get
> it off the net, right? One problem is that currently, the only thing
> that asks for which retriever you want to use is anna, and only when a
> Packages file is requested.
>
> How do we redesign this?

As I mentioned, if disk-detect just depends on something like
disk-modules, then that udeb will be automatically installed by anna
before disk-detect is used.

If it just wants to do something like suggest the kernel modules, then
something fancier might be called for. Perhaps it would look in the
debconf db to see what retreiver anna has selected, and ask that
retreiver to get the disk-modules udeb, and install it.

--
see shy jo