Redesigning disk-detect?

[Joey Hess]
> I said this before, but the entire premise of this debian-installer
> module is flawed. We do not want ad-hod stuff like this is
> debian-installer:

Well, I did not write it, just trying to get it working.  It shares a
lot of code and structure with cdrom-detect.  If someone wants to
redesign disk-detect, they should also look at cdrom-detect.

>  A driver floppy is a ext2 floppy with one file modules.tgz.  The
>  content of modules.tgz is unpackaged in the installation system
>  root directory.

Is it the fact that disk-detect loads modules from floppies, or the
fact that it lists how the floppy should look like that bothers you?